[LUAU] Fedora Core 2 and Silence

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Nov 14 04:47:43 PST 2004

Ben Beeson wrote:
> Aloha all,
>
> 	I found a more permanent fix to this one -- reference the thread that I
> started Mon Sep 13 19:48:58 HST 2004 in the September 2004 LUAU
> archives.
>
> 	I discovered that FC2 does not have the Red Hat sound configure tool
> any more.  It also appears to be missing the /etc/modules.conf file in a
> default install. (Don't know why and I don't know if this will work for
> FC3 as I am still using FC2.)  If you add the /etc/modules.conf file
> back with contents such as this:

modules.conf is NOT USED AT ALL in FC2 and FC3, because it was for the
2.4.x kernel.  2.6.x kernel uses /etc/modprobe.conf, which should not
require any manual editing because /etc/modprobe.conf.dist already has
everything.

The old sound configuration tool has been removed, in favor of
system-config-soundcard which should do the job.  Note that all ISA
soundcard drivers were removed from FC2, but later re-added in FC3.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com