[LUAU] Windows shortcut equivalent in Linux

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Tue May 18 18:57:01 PDT 2004

Vikram Khurana wrote:

>/Parse/Linux/<Linux executable>
>/Parse/Windows/<Windows executable>
>/Parse/123.dat
>
>Now the user could save this anywhere they want. Now in Win I can tell
>people to create a shortcut to /<some directory>/Parse/Windows/<Windows
>executable> & place it in any folder they want. The 123.dat file is read
>relative to the executables.
>
>How do I do the same in Linux?

Probably the best way would be to make sure its in your path and make
use of which and dirname.
execdir=$(dirname `which linuxParse`)
datadir=$execdir/..

This will only work well if you put it in your path and don't just call
it directly without it in your path.  A softlink might cause a problem
too.

-Eric Hattemer