[LUAU] Windows shortcut equivalent in Linux

Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Tue May 18 16:53:44 PDT 2004

you could cd ~ as long as the script cds back to your previous directory,
correct? like foo=`pwd`;cd ~;echo 'hello from '`pwd`'!';cd $foo

i'm still a bit confused but here i go:

1) put your executable in a directory in PATH so you can run it from
location

2) reffer to your settings file relative to home ~/Parse/Linux/file

but i see your data file is the same as your user name so maybe
~/Parse/Linux/file`whoami` is what your after.

i also see that you want to run executibles and read data from one user to
other users on the system.  perhps your script is better off in
/usr/local/bin and your data file in /etc (if it doesn't change, then
again, why would it even exist if it didn't?)

=\

"Vikram Khurana" <vkhurana at mail.nmfs.hawaii.edu>
Sent by: luau-bounces at lists.hosef.org
18/05/2004 12:30 PM
Please respond to Linux/Unix Advocates/Users Hawaiian community discussion
list