[LUAU] FC1

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Wed May 12 14:25:06 PDT 2004

Basically you have two root statements in your grub.conf:
"root=LABEL=/" (which is provided by Fedora) and "root=/dev/hdc3" (which
I believe you added  yourself).  Apparently, the second root statement
(which was incorrect) was ignored.  However, for some reason, when
Fedora updated grub.conf after you compiled the new kernel, the first
root statement was deleted (thus, leaving the second, incorrect, root
statement in the new grub.conf).

Fedora swapped your "/" (hdc3-->hdc5) with "/home" (hdc5-->hdc3) during
installation (which most people failed to notice); it has nothing with
your new kernel or Windows XP.

wayne