[luau] Fedora depmod -a Segmentation Fault

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Fri Mar 26 17:25:43 PST 2004

I spent a long time trying to get ndiswrapper working on my friend's
laptop.  It required a 2.6.1-1.43 kernel rpm.  I can't quite remember
what else we had to do, but I remember on that particular machine it was
a lot of work.  It may be simple if you use the 2.6.1-1.43.  But it took
us a while to figure out that it doesn't work well in 2.4.22.  You need
to compile the ndiswrapper package (gmake install).  We got a lot of
errors and hardlocks in 2.4.  That one is no longer readily available in
rpm form, though.  the 2.6.3 and .4 weren't so good either.  So the main
point I'm making is that we tried several different kernels and got one
to work.  So you may need to compile a new kernel or try the 2.6.4 or
2.6.3 from
http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/fedora/fedora/fedora/1.90/i386/RPMS.updates/
.  And when I say mirrors.usc.edu I really mean the equiv directory on
the local mirror, ie. download.fedora.us.

-Eric Hattemer