[luau] A Screen like program for X

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Wed Mar 17 19:04:01 PST 2004

Related to a recent posting, does anyone know of a program like "screen" but for
X?  I now have an X server on my windows laptop (Cygwin makes Windows usable),
and would like to zap some windows around on occassion, but I need to make sure
that if an X server gets shutdown or disconnected, the app doesn't die (just
sits in the background, still running, but not visable) until I can attach it to
another X server.

This behavior is similar (though not quite identical) to screen for consoles.
Anyone know of such an app?  I know someone had written an app called "teleport"
at one point that would move windows between X servers, but that doesn't handle
server shutdowns and such (the window has to always be visible and attached to
an X server SOMEWHERE).

This would also be a useful tool for the thin terminal stuff you guys do, if you
don't already have this functionality.

--MonMotha