[luau] vsftpd config help

Al Plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Mon Mar 15 15:14:01 PST 2004

Ben Beeson wrote:
> Aloha,
>
> 	I find my self in need of an ftp server for internal LAN use only.

******
Ben,

This may help.

I have a similar ftp LAN setup in my office.

1. Linux Firewall and router.
2. 1 Linux box.
3. 5 FreeBSD boxes. ( You have to change files to allow each box to
send/receive ftp.  It is off normally for security, in /etc/inetd.conf
and /etc.hosts files )
4. 1 M$ box. (not Mine)

I use Igloo and GFTP as the ftp programs.
All boxes and any users on them, can ftp between each other since I gave
them all fixed IP addresses on the LAN. ( 8 with the router.)  I don't
use anonomus logins. Even the M$ box works with the IP assignments. (You
can set a FreeBSD box to receive anonomus logins if you wanted to  from
the (/stand/sysinstall) setup screen, but I don't use this feature.)

Aloha! Al Plant -Webmaster
http://hawaiidakine.com 808-284-2740
Running FreeBSD 4.9 ~ Supporter of Open Source Computing ~
Nothing of value is accomplished without a struggle... Kshanti