[luau] Newbie Query - Browser Plugin?

Wed Mar 10 10:04:01 PST 2004

Thanks, Eric and Vince, for the warm welcome, and the patient attempts at
handholding...

I got the installers for both Firefox and Flash from the respective official
sites -- that is, after getting Firefox working, I was prompted (upon
visiting a Flash site) to download the Flash installer.  As I mentioned,
after finding that the Flash installer put everything under
/home/user/.mozilla/, I just copied everything I found there to
/home/user/firefox/plugins -- to no avail.

I'd love to use urpmi and RPM... if you can bear with me and explain exactly
what that is!  Is it automated versioning or whatever like CVS?

I'm running Mandrake Linux 9.2 stock, straight off their site's installer
ISOs, and so far, Firefox is the only thing I've tried to put on it!

Mahalo,

Ryan