[luau] Karaoke software for linux

Casey Roberts utexan01 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 7 09:09:01 PST 2004

Michael-

Just a quick look on good old http://www.freshmeat.net
helped me find three projects that concern Karaoke
simulators:

GKaraoke
KMid
DeFX plugin for XMMS

I'd like to point out in case you didn't know,
Freshmeat.net is one of the Open Source Development
Network sites, and an extremely valuable tool for any
user, no matter if they run Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS,
BeOS, etc.  Heck, there are actually a lot of programs
for even MS Windows, if are still using that. ;)
Freshmeat is usually my first stop for software, and
when people ask where to find Linux software, I
usually point them to that site.

P.S.  How's Hawaii these days?  D.C. just warmed up
this weekend.  We're supposed to have a high of 57
degrees today!  Should've waited until the spring to
move...  ;)

--- Michael Sana <wlan_man at hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

Aloha,

So I was at a karaoke bar tonight on Kapiolani and I
noticed they were  no longer using laser discs, but
had one computer connected to a receiver and to the
tv.  I looked behind the system to see the setup and
it was pretty simple, just audio cables connecting the
receiver to the computer and a tv out card going to
the tv via a composite cable. The computer had a cat5
cable connected, but when i asked whether the karaoke
songs were local or were on a server, the workers said
they had no idea. There was no indication as to what
application was running or what OS it was on, but the
whole set up was actually pretty slick.  I was
wondering if anyone knew of any good Karaoke software
that runs on linux.  I figure i can go out and buy a
Karaoke machine, but it seems it would be more fun to
try and build one!  Thanks in advance for any
suggestions.

mike