[LUAU] Trying to disable UDP checksum using Debian Testing

Matthew John Darnell mdarnell at servpac.com
Wed Jul 28 18:50:53 PDT 2004

> I am using Debian testing version and am trying to disable udp checksum.
>
> I have tried
>
> optval=1;
> if (setsockopt(sock_info - >socket, SOL_SOCKET, SO_NO_CHECK,
(void*)&optval,
> sizeof(optval)) ==-1)
>     {
>          LOG(L_ERR, "ERROR: udp_init: no checksum setsockopt: %s\n",
> strerror(errno));
>     }
>
> Even with the code, I continue to get an EAGAIN error when there is a
> checksum error.

I guess I am not alone with this issue.  Here is a post describing the exact
problem.
http://oldfaq.phoneboy.com/gurus/200107/msg00418.html

Thinking even more about it, most layer 2 technology is quite reliable and
real udp checksum error rarely happens in most networks. I doubt that it is
going to be a big negative impact on the system. Actually it would speed up
the system a little bit.

-Matt