[LUAU] Laserjet 1000 help -- mechanical, not OSS

Karen Lofstrom lofstrom at lava.net
Thu Jul 1 01:01:25 PDT 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Robert Green wrote:

> Are repair parts available for this? I'm fairly handy with my hands and
> can probably handle it if it isn't going to be some sring-loaded
> explosion of parts all over the workbench if I don't recite some secret
> HP voodoo chant =-), but I might need some general instructions to get
> over the hump...

Do you have a junk printer that you can take to pieces to see how it works
before you disassemble the working one? You might be able to cannibalize
parts from a junk printer to fix the working one after you see how it all
fits together. As I recall, the mechanical parts aren't that complicated.

However, if you don't have the time or energy to learn how to fix
printers or to figure out how to order replacement parts, it might make
sense to hire someone to fix it :)

--
Karen Lofstrom

*Taught how to fix printers at HCC, but I haven't had much practice*