[luau] Data recovery options?

Ken Mayer kmayer at bitwrangler.com
Thu Jan 29 14:36:01 PST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 09:43, Jaymes Schooler wrote:
> Yes...DriveSavers is good, from my experience if it can be recovered
> they can do it.
>
> We had to send a hard drive in for recovery last year since I had a
> "USER" that wouldn't save his data on the servers and he never did a
> backup....Cost was over $3000.00.

Most recovery places will give you a free estimate (you send them the
drive). You might also want to check with the drive manufacturer.
Fujitsu "approves" of DriveSavers (among others) and will let them do
the recovery before you send the dead drive back for a replacement if it
is still under warranty. DriveSavers also offered me a 10% discount
because of the Fujitsu connection -- not a small consideration with a
$2K fee!

Ken