[luau] Linux + NTFS re-partitioning (was Linux)

Casey Roberts utexan01 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 16:52:00 PST 2004

--- MonMotha <monmotha at indy.rr.com> wrote:
> If it really is just a hidden partition type in the
> partition table, you can
> always just run fdisk *under linux* and change the
> partition type (this is
> non-destructive, but always back up first) to
> whatever windows expects.

Thanks MonMotha...  I figured it was something I could
correct under linux, but hasn't been a big priority
lately (keeping warm after moving to MD from HI is!).
Funny to think the best way to fix such a problem
would be to use a direct OS competitor to Windows to
remedy the situation.  Has anyone thought about
packaging a LiveCD of tools to fix Windows
installations using Linux and Open Source tools?  That
might make an interesting sell...

Casey Roberts