[luau] Fedora Core 1 for AMD64 test1 Available

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Tue Jan 20 10:11:01 PST 2004

*(This message was intended for Warren but I thought the forum may also
benefit thus I am posting it here:)

Fedora Core 1 for AMD64 test1 is now available*:

http://amdmb.com/#News-7520

As I mentioned to you in a separate message, I will be getting an
E-machine Athlon-64 notebook after I return from my trip next month.  I
will appreciate it if you could install your nascent FC1/AMD64 on it,
test it, and find out what are working and what not.  Hopefully, I (or
we) will be able to convey the info to some of the notebook
manufacturers in Taiwan to convince and perhaps help them design better
Linux-optimized notebooks.  (I used to have a client which is one of the
largest notebook makers in the world, but after I took an early
retirement this was one of the clients I had to drop.  But this is
really irrelevant.)  wayne