[luau] Dual Processors & Linux

Rodney Kanno pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 16:23:00 PST 2004

No it's the same computer. For some reason, my BIOS is tempermental and
sometimes it detects only one of the two processors. But when it detects
only one, the watching video works fine. When my BIOS detects two
processors, watching video does not work anymore (using the same
programs). So both processors are still physically in the motherboard,
but the BIOS is only detecting one. I am running the latest NVIDIA
drivers, but I don't think the video card driver is the problem, becuase
when I switch to the generic driver (nv) I get the same thing.

I am running SUSE 9.0 (8.2 was the same), and I think SUSE installed
only the smp kernel?

Rodney