[luau] RHEL 3.0 on AMD64 (Was: migration)

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Thu Jan 15 10:51:00 PST 2004

McKinley just purchased a Dual AMD Opteron on a Tyan Motherboard from Pogo
Linux ( http://pogolinux.com/ ) to do LTSP and WINE. It took me months of
research to figure out what would work best for LTSP and WINE and then to
find the company that sold exactly what I wanted. I could have built one
myself, but I wanted/needed the warranty and support that comes with a
prebuilt box.

The last straw that pushed me to buy from them is that they give away free
CD's to Linux User Groups. Then they even provide 30 days of free install
support for the LUG. The site says they have given away 50,000 copies of
RedHat Linux so far.
Check it out: http://www.pogolinux.com/systems/linuxcd.html

They have a MySQL 4.0/4.1 Pro database server package called DataWare 2600
that starts at $9,000. Specs:

The DataWare 2600 delivers the best value by combining Pogo Linux hardware with an optimized version of MySQL Pro. This database appliance is
complemented with hardware support from Pogo Linux and database support from MySQL. By combining the best of hardware with the best of open source
database software, the DataWare2600 provides an enterprise level solution at an affordable cost.

    -Dual Intel Xeon Processors
    -Up to 12GB of PC2100 DDR ECC Registered Memory
    -Six Seagate U320 SCSI Hard Drives
    -Raid 10 Configuration
    -24X CD-ROM / 1.44MB Floppy
    -Dual Onboard Intel Gigabit 10/100/1000 Adapters
    -MySQL Pro 4.0/4.1 License with InnoDB Support
    -Additional MySQL Optimizations and Software Packages

Check out the review for their DataWare 2600 server at Linux Planet:
http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/5025/4/

Whoa, I wrote too much, got to get back to work! Good luck!!

Michael

Hawaii Linux Institute <wp at hawaiilinux.us>@videl.ics.hawaii.edu on
01/15/2004 10:01:29 AM

Please respond to luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu