[luau] Linux Fibre Channel Server?

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Thu Feb 26 15:39:00 PST 2004

Brian,

Thanks for the info.

I guess my question is poorly formed, because everyone keeps telling me
what FC is.  I know that part.

I think I have answered my question with this Mayastor software.

Right now I don't have any FC hardware and that is why I didn't mention
any brands.

Basically I want to take a Linux system with a SATA RAID array, put a FC
HBA  card in it and then share the SATA RAID array across FC to another
system.  The only FC part in the Linux system will be the FC HBA.  It
sounds like Mayastor does exactly this.  Now I just have to come up with a
couple cheap HBAs to test it.

My end goal is to build a multi TB SATA RAID Linux file server sharing
volumes across 2Gb Fibre Channel.

We do video editing and are looking to get into Hi Def.  That means we
need tons of disk space and a minimum of 150MBytes per sec of disk I/O.

Thanks,
Dusty