[luau] Linux Fibre Channel Server?

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Thu Feb 26 14:15:01 PST 2004

Brian,

I understand how Fibre Channel works and the cost involved with buying the
HBAs and switch.  What I am trying to get information on is can I use my
existing Linux file server, put a Fibre Channel HBA in it and share disks
out to other systems on the Fibre Channel SAN?

It sounds like this Mayastor software
(http://www.pavitrasoft.com/mayastor/) does exactly what I am looking for.

I don't want to invest thousands of dollars in something like an Apple
Xraid if I can accomplish the same thing with my existing Linux File
Server.

Mahalo,
Dusty