[luau] Fedora Core Test 1, Thursday

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Wed Feb 11 07:45:02 PST 2004

Fedora Core Test 1 is going to be released tomorrow (Thursday).  During
my recent trip to Tokyo/Taipei/Shanghai, I made brief visits to local
bookstores and noticed that only Fedora has survived the quick
turnovers, or upgrades, in the version numbers of Linux distros.
("Survive" is a wrong word; Fedora Core is actually booming.)

After being absorbed by Novell, SuSE, along with Fedora Core/RHEL, is
going to become one of the two main stream Linux distros for enterprises.

Personally, I still believe PCLINUXOS (Texstar-customized MDK 9.2), now
in preview 5, is the best distro.  Period.  End of Message.  wayne