[luau] Fedora Install

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Mon Feb 9 10:53:02 PST 2004

John S. Johnson wrote:

>The first time I did check. I did a reinstall and did not recheck the
>media because I didn't think it to be necessary. The error I get is when
>I run up2date and get the message:
>The package glibc-devel-2.3.2-101.4 does not have a valid GPG signature.
>It has been tampered with or corrupted. Continue?
>
>What does this mean? I have gotten all my other issues hammered
>out(seemed that none of my services that I had opted to install were
>started by default, so I set them up). Thanks for your help in advance!
>
>--John

It's very difficult to help w/o knowing exactly what's going on.  But
since Red Hat has turned Fedora into a community supported project, some
steps need be taken b4 you run up2date.  First, you must run the
following command to get the standard Red Hat keys installed:

rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-1/RPM-GPG-KEY*

If you've already done the above, the NOKEY warning really is not a
problem, but if you want to resolve it, you can get the correct key for
the site you're downloading from; e.g.:

fedora.us:         rpm --import http://www.fedora.us/FEDORA-GPG-KEY

rpm.livna.org:      rpm --import http://rpm.livna.org/RPM-LIVNA-GPG-KEY

FreshRPMs:     rpm --import http://freshrpms.net/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.txt

Anyway, the preferred approach to update your Fedora is via "yum", with
the following command (must be in root):

yum update

But popularity comes with a price.  Doing update through the official
Fedora repository is a very sloooow process.  If you don't know any good
Fedora mirrors, post your question again.