[luau] About Wireless LAN

Takuya Nakayama / ?? ?? takuya at hawaii.edu
Sat Feb 7 07:10:01 PST 2004

Hello...

I have a question about the IEEE802.11b/g access point (AP) with a Linux
Box.

If I make a Linux Box for a wireless LAN AP.   And the wireless LAN PC card
is installed with the PCI bus slot......

Is the Linux box possible to configure as the ordinally IEEE802.11b/g AP?
(I think it is possible, but I'm not sure...)
If its possible, is there any possibility, unmaching SSID AP and client PC
can exchenge the data communication with modifing the source code of the
driver?  (Both AP and/or PC modifing the source code of the drive.)

Please let me know the possibilities.

Takuya