[LUAU] Linux on your television

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Wed Dec 15 22:01:37 PST 2004

Thursday from 4-5 and Saturday from 11-12 I will be doing my best to
make it clear just how easy Linux is to install and to use.  My case
will be made on Kerry Koide's Tech Talk TV, channel 56 on Digital Cable.
  I will do a live install of the K12LTSP.  While installing I will show
just how easy it is to download an iso from

http://hosef.ics.hawaii.edu

and burn it.

Once the install is complete I will show off how easy it is to then
connect the server to a switch, to connect clients to the switch, and to
  boot clients from the server.

 From there we will take a tour of the apps and discuss why
standards-based software is the best solution for schools pursuing a
standards-based curricula.

Thanks to Brian Chee of The University of Hawai`i's ICS Department. as
well as Infoworld, both this and our earlier appearance will soon be
available from their Real streaming server.

Please join us, tell a friend, and get ready to see the future of
Hawai`i's Technology-based economy.

--scott
--
R. Scott Belford