[LUAU] VNC extensions for X

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Mon Dec 6 00:51:43 PST 2004

http://www.realvnc.com/v4/x0.html

I didn't know this existed.  I think someone on this list asked about
this.  Basically the question is "Can I get vnc in linux/unix to act the
way it does in windows (ie. connecting the current desktop to a vnc
session, rather than creating a new desktop)?  The answer seems to be
yes, if you use this X11 extension.  I don't have a monitor attached to
my linux machine anymore, so I can't really test this, but it does seem
to work.  At least, I can see the gdm screen and such.  These extensions
are precompiled in Xorg for FC3.  I hear it kind of sucks to compile
XFree86/Xorg from scratch.

-Eric Hattemer