[LUAU] Window manager missing under FreeBSD 5.3

webmaster at hawaiidakine.com webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Fri Dec 3 14:14:53 PST 2004

webmaster at hawaiidakine.com wrote:
> Vince Hoang wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 12:02:52 -1000, webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
>> <webmaster at hawaiidakine.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying out FreeBSD 5.3 on an box which seems to run fine except
>>> that the X does not load the screen for ( xfce ) the window manager I
>>> use on all my FreeBSD 4.x boxes.
>>>
>>> init files seem to be there, but I just get a black screen with a mouse
>>> arrow and a left click brings up a small window with selections
>>> including a way to quit.
>>

>> That means X11 is running with your default window manager.
>> Have you tried xfce4_setup?
>>
>> -Vince
>>

> Hi Vince,
>

> I run xfce3 (xfce_setup) Xfce 4 is full of many things I don't need.
>
> I've had several repiles from people with the same issue and I will post
> when I know what the fix is.
>

> Al Plant -Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
> Supporting Open Source in computing with FreeBSD 4.9
> "Failure only happens when you stop trying." - Omar Periu

Yes,

It says command not found.

I also discovered that the config utility doesnt place the xorg.conf in
the /etc/X11 file . Several people told me that it should. Moved to
there manually and was able to fix a mouse error manually then.

I think that twm or some other window manager is loading because of some
error.

Go at it later have to go on a call.