[LUAU] Open Source Ghosting

Andrew Maddox madsox at Radix.Net
Thu Aug 26 12:00:48 PDT 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Hawaii Linux Institute (wayne) wrote:

>no more than a single cp command.  Recently, however, Win4Lin seems to
>have problems with the 2.6.7 kernel.  Perhaps it's time to get rid of
>Windows for good.  (But a open-sources Ghost clone for Windows is still
>a great idea and I will be more than happy to beta btest it.)  wayne

Hi, newbie here (well, to the list, anyway);

Try g4u - http://rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de/~feyrer/g4u/ - I use it for
cloning linux machines at work (Snort sensor boxes and the like, things I
need more than one copy of), but it can handle pretty much any OS. I'm
actually surprised no one's mentioned it.

Big hardware differences will throw it off (especially if you have
differences in video/sound drivers, CPU-specific kernel modules loaded,
etc.), but if you're using identical hardware, it works flawlessly, and if
the only difference is, say, hard drive size, it's fine (as long as you're
going from a smaller disk to a bigger one.)

Am I de-lurking now, does that mean I should introduce myself?

Lemme know, I'm kind of disconnected from things, as my .sig implies...

Hope this helps, though!

Andy

--
Andrew Maddox, madsox squiggle radix point net
Martial artist? Have a Washington, DC-area connection?