[LUAU] HOSEF Workshop - OSS Imaging and Printer Repair

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Wed Aug 25 18:56:59 PDT 2004

We are inviting *you* to come by the workshop on Saturday at The
McKinley Community School for Adults from 10-2 in room 208.  If the
parking lot is still locked, don't be fooled.  Park in the gravel
outside of the fence and come on in.

During this time, prior to our afternoon of fun at UH, we will be
swapping out some computers to make the lab uniform.  This is in
preparation for a list of classes that we will soon be offering at
McKinley.  For those of you with those mad imaging skills, this is your
chance to participate and reciprocate.  Without your interdiction, we
are going the way of the Ghost.  If we all follow Nathan's initiative,
we may just wiki a great solution.

We also have a need for volunteer printer help.  We have donated a HP
Laserjet4 to Makiki in addition to installing Mandrake on their
machines.  The printer is doing that accordion thing on some pages.  At
the advice of those better informed, HOSEF purchased a kit from
fixyourownprinter.com.  The package includes a CD with instructions and
the parts.  It does not include a little person to fix it.  Is someone
out there willing to champion this?  It is for Makiki, and I will get
the printer to McKinley so that the work can be done with aircon.

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford
Founder/PR Director