[LUAU] Open Source Ghosting

Nathan A. Keirn keirnna at thetestbed.com
Tue Aug 24 09:48:52 PDT 2004

A few weeks ago at the Wednesday meeting we had a brief discussion about
needing the enterprise edition of Norton's Ghost utility. I thought that
there has to be a solution for this that is free. I stumbled across this
link with almost no searching, but I know it is not exactly what we are
looking for, but here is the link http://www.redhat.com/advice/tips/. Now
why can't we write a shell script that copy's a windows hard drive image
stored on a server to the requesting computer when it pxe boot's? I am no
programming expert, and I don't know how pxe requests work, but this should
be relatively easy, free, and honest! Anyone else interested?

Nathan