[LUAU] Kudos to Warren Togami and everyone involved with Fedora

Vince Hoang vince.hoang at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 18:25:45 PDT 2004

(Forwarded message from Brian Chee. The message was stuck on the
moderator's queue because it was too big. Attachments, bad m'kay?)

--

Since Warren is very good at downplaying his role in this project, I'd like
to let the cat out of the bag and share the memo I just received from

We are now the proud owners of a Red Hat Corporation Red Fedora (See it
along with the original memo in the POST 3rd floor glass case) to
commemorate Warren Togami's role in helping to launch the Fedora version of
Red Hat Linux. In a nutshell, Red Hat needed to split their commercial
version of Linux from the free community based version. The answer came in
the form of Warren Togami's ICS499 project called Fedora. (Matthew Szulik
explains it better in the memo)

This last month I was able to attend the LinuxWorld conference in San
Francisco and as a courtesy I introduced myself at the Fedora booth. Instant
recognition of UH,  the ICS Department and Warren Togami followed and I was
mobbed by well wishers thanking us for the effort.

So please join me in an internet round of applause...   =D>

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab
1680 East West Road, POST rm 311