[LUAU] FC2T3

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Wed Apr 28 01:17:54 PDT 2004

You would think not very many people would be interested in a "test"
distro, right?  Wrong!  Even at this wee/late hour, all the mirrors are
still maxed out.  I don't care about what the polls say, but if anyone
doubts about the popularity of Linux, s/he needs to be re-educated.

I am anxious to get a hand on the Test 3.  With Test 1/2 and the
mainline 2.6.5 kernel, the nVidia driver causes the system to freeze
SOLID.  I had to log in under init 1 to change the X config file back to
the nv driver.  (As I mentioned in a separate thread, it is a pain to
use the nv driver on the nVidia cards, as the screen got shifted to the
right which needs to be manually adjusted.)

I will see whether it's worth the while to set up a FC2 test system at
the Travel University in the Alama Moana Tower (most likely a FC1/FC2
dual boot--Warren is doing some major changes on FC1 and I'll wait until
they become final).  It feels good that I can be so critical about Linux
and yet I am not concerned that somebody will call me a troll, because
this system has really become matured.  wayne