[LUAU] VC and Linux

Virgil Vergara virgil at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Apr 22 16:58:59 PDT 2004

Hi Wayne,

You must be talking about Verizon right? Verifone has no ties to
Hawaii. They are the world's largest telecom with stakes in several
European countries, South America and in Japan. I don't even think
Verifone has any kind of market in the US.

There are a few companies that are receiving attention within the VC
field. Mainly with biotechnology. Two companies that are doing well are
Hoku Scientific and Hawaii Biotech. There are others as well.

Virgil