[LUAU] most secure web/mail server distro

Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Michael_Bishop/FARRINCS/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Tue Apr 6 14:38:18 PDT 2004

As for a webserver, I've believe that FreeBSD/Apache is the most stable and
secure platform.

>From the OSS Institute website FAQ ( http://www.oss-institute.org/faq.htm
):

BSD/OS, FreeBSD, Net BSD, OpenBSD - The BSD(Berkeley Software Design)
family of operating systems are UNIX-based, free/open-source operating
systems, similar to Linux. Initially developed at the University of
California-Berkeley in the 1970s, BSD is considered one of the most secure
and stable OS s and serves as a platform for a large percentage of Internet
service providers. Several companies that utilize BSD include Yahoo, UUNET,
Mindspring and Compuserve. Ironically, Microsoft's free email service
Hotmail began its life on BSD servers, and Apple recently announced its
next operating system will be based on BSD.

Michael

gutierrej001 at hawaii.rr.com@lists.hosef.org on 04/06/2004 11:20:51 AM

Please respond to gutierrej001 at hawaii.rr.com; Please respond to Linux/Unix
       Advocates/Users Hawaiian community discussion list
       <luau at lists.hosef.org>

Sent by:    luau-bounces at lists.hosef.org