[LUAU] Somewhat off topic

Mike Ballon mike at ballon.net
Thu Apr 1 09:17:44 PST 2004

I'm trying to move back to Hawaii after taking a job here in the mainland
the last 2 1/2 years.  I had this job placement firm tell me that the cost
of living is 20% higher in Hawaii but the salaries are 20% lower then where
I'm at.  When I was there I was in the military but my consulting business
brought in more then what this person was telling me it just wasn't on a
fulltime scale.  So the question is, how does salary.com's scale for Hawaii
compare to real life salaries for a Sr. Sys Admin?

Aloha,
Mike