[luau] Great palm desktop

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Sat Sep 27 09:59:01 PDT 2003

    Sometimes you run across a great Linux app that you wish someone
else had told you about long before.  Jpilot is an excellent way to use
your Palm OS PDA.  I use RH9, and tried using the included KPilot and
conduits for Evolution, but they were incomplete. Jpilot has all of the
functionality of the simple Palm desktop, and is very easy to install
and use.  Just make sure that you have a symbolic link from pilot to
your palm interface (e.g., ttyUSB1) and all you have to do is install
the RPM.
    I only boot into windoze for my girlfriend, so finding an excellent
Palm app for Linux is a very good thing.  Go now to
http://jpilot.org/index.html .

-Jeff