[luau] Proposed LTSP Server Config

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Mon Sep 22 04:21:01 PDT 2003

Dwight,

You need to come to one of our workshops.  If you want to see some of
the hundreds of computers or monitors that we at HOSEF has saved from
the landfill and have waiting for your wife, please come on by.  I
cannot say that ours or any computer recycling program will fix our
landfill problem, but every bit counts.  With the help of the good
folks at Pricebusters we have several thousand square feet of
functioning stand alone and thin-client workstations.

If you come by, and you can get your wife interested in one of our free
classes or in spending some time with us at the workshop, we will give
her as many stand-alone PII and PIII workstations as she can handle.
Our only stipulation is that you or her spend some time with us getting
familiar with the Linux Desktop.  No technology is complete without
training, and we try as hard to offer free training as we do to offer
free computers.  I have spent over 300 hours this year opening our
workshop up to people like yourself who are ready to put the time in to
learn more.

Liholiho Elementary, The McKinley School for Adults, The Hawaii
Agriculture Research Commission, Redemption Academy in Kailua, and St.
John's all have functioning and free computers and printers that were
once bound for the landfill and that are now serving these
organizations and schools.  As it stands, we have more computers than
volunteers willing to help us give them away.  Come down and check us
out.  We and our free machines are waiting on you.

http://www.hosef.org

--scott

R. Scott Belford
Founder/Chair/Treasurer
The Hawaii Open Source Education Foundation
P.O. Box 392
Kailua, HI 96734
808.689.6518
scott at hosef.org