[luau] Proposed LTSP Server Config

Nakashima pnakashi at k12.hi.us
Sun Sep 21 22:15:03 PDT 2003

Just my opinion...
 From the public education perspective.

Currently, schools spend the lion's share of their budget on new
equipment from Dell, HP, Apple, etc., and on new and upgraded software
licenses. My limited experience with LTSP has taught me:
1. Schools can spend less on new hardware and software (less money
going out of the state);
2. Schools can spend more on local Linux support (more money
circulating through our local economy);
3. Schools can use recycled hardware (less landfill material).
I'm not sure if this is making any sense. Your feedback will be
appreciated.
Although my experiences are limited to what's going on in public
education, wouldn't this also be true for private and higher education,
government, business, and other orgs?