[luau] Proposed LTSP Server Config

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Sun Sep 21 14:26:01 PDT 2003

Nakashima wrote:

> Yesterday, I met with rep Marumoto about how Linux could save the
> state megabucks, enhance the local economy, and deal with the landfill
> problem. She was very interested and asked for another meeting so she
> could include computer savvy people on her staff. I mentioned that
> some HOSEF people might be interested also. Anyone?

Barbara and I live in the same district, and both of us are Republicans
(with a capital "R").  I was president of South Texas Chinese American
Republicans at one time, and our group had been working with Bush senior
since the 60's when he was the Representative from our district (central
Houston).  Indeed GW and I were licking stamps together when his dad was
running for President in 1988.

However, we must realize that the current White House is shamelessly
pro-Microsoft, and Barbara is from a district wherein almot everyone
owns some Microsoft stocks.  I am sure she will be very sympathetic to
what Linux can do to our State, but she also has to serve the best
interest of her constituents.  This is something that must be carefully
balanced out when you guys talk to her.

Wayne