[luau] I need help

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Sat Sep 13 11:39:01 PDT 2003

Something got mixed up in your directions, I think.  Here's what you
should do.  Boot into windows, figure out what drive letter your fat32
is.  (This isn't necessary, but will help you keep track of some
things).  Then boot into linux and create a similarly named directory.
 You can call it fat32, or you can call it D or E, but just don't put a
: in there.  You can put that in / or in /mnt.  So you will type a
command like:
su -;
mkdir /mnt/D;

The next step is to mount the drive.  Make sure it is /dev/hda5.  You
can verify this with the fdisk command.
fdisk /dev/hda;

It will print the partition table.  Then for the mounting (which you
will need to do every reboot unless you want to put it in your fstab or
similar).
mount -t auto /dev/hda5 /mnt/D;

Then if that goes through without error, you should have your files in
/mnt/D.  Like I said, you can substitute any name you want for this dir,
but carry that substitution through all of these commands.  You can
check for that pdf by typing
ls /mnt/D/

Or look though there in some file browser.

-Eric Hattemer