[luau] bash and bash2

Keith krjw at optonline.net
Fri Sep 12 15:33:00 PDT 2003

* Alvin Murphy <amurphy at hawaii.rr.com> [12/09/2003 2109EDT]:
> I thought I put this question out, but I don't see it. i am trying to
> run a program that references bash2 and quits; what command can i use
> to make sure that calls to bash2 work ok, i.e bash=bash2 or something
> similar. Thanks

Assuming the major version number of the bash package you have is 2 (and
not 1), you could -- as root -- execute:

	ln -s /bin/bash /bin/bash2

That will crate a symbolic link called /bin/bash2 to /bin/bash .

To check your version of bash, do this at the bash shell prompt:

	echo $BASH_VERSION

it will tell you the version of bash you are running.

Regards,
krjw.
--
Keith R. John Warno                  [k r j w  at  optonline dot net]
Love is the Dance of Eternity