[luau] Fedora: Taking Screenshots During Installation

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Oct 31 21:27:00 PST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 09:01, Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:
> Fedora will officially debut Nov. 3.  (I suspect the traffic will be
> completely jamed, and I don't know whether RHN subscribers will be able
> to dl it from RedHat Network?)

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2003-October/msg04157.html
Unfortunately due to non-technical reasons the release must be delayed
to Wednesday or Thursday-ish, depending on the "export process" whatever
that means.  It might have something to do with US export approval.

On the bright side a few technical fixes were allowed into the
distribution due to the delay.

> During the installation, if you want to take screenshots, press
> shift-print_screen.  The screenshots will be saved in
> /root/anaconda-screenshots/ . Enjoy!
>
> The following question is for Warren, "father" of Fedora-  How much will
> it cost to set up a Fedora (and Fedora only) mirror?

I only worked on a small part of the overall system.  I invented the
name, but otherwise Fedora is an international community that involves
many people.

As for mirroring, it costs nothing but your own hosting resources.  You
have your own server and bandwidth?  E-mail me directly and I can get
you setup.

Warren