[luau] Num Lock

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Mon Oct 27 18:50:01 PST 2003

BIOS is an option on any computer, as long as its an actual computer.
The problem is, linux resets that setting once it boots, so it doesn't
matter.  Mandrake has a service called numlock that will turn on the
numlock.  Redhat does not have such a service.  You could try installing
the mandrake rpm...
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=numlock&submit=Search+...
I make no guarantees, though.  Try rpmbuild --rebuild *.src.rpm on the
src.rpm version.  It'll appear in /usr/src/RedHat/RPMS/*.  do a find
/usr/src/RedHat -name "*.rpm" to find it.  Redhat is missing so many of
these cute things that make Mandrake so much more useable as a regular
home user.  As much as Warren tells me how cool redhat will be when he's
done with it and how great their kernel is, I always get depressed
sitting here on the RH machine when I remember how well things worked in
mandrake.  But try rebuliding that rpm and we'll see how it turns out.

-Eric Hattemer