[luau] 802.11 Security Workshop - Nov 20

tom_gordon at notes.k12.hi.us tom_gordon at notes.k12.hi.us
Tue Oct 21 09:41:01 PDT 2003

I think it's quite different if it is HOSEF-endorsed.

Personally I also take into consideration that the post is: not by a list
contributor, not signed, and does not have a the person's name in in the
header.  Therefore, I must deduce this is not a human-being and should not
be treated as a human being!

That may be going a bit too far for some but my point remains.  Am I
wrong?

It's about stickin' it to tha' man!

Tom

I think that the chance to learn is a good thing.  We do have an
unposted list policy against commercial solicitation, which this seemed
to be.  It does beg the question, though, about my own emails regarding
HOSEF which, I sometimes fear, border on spam.  I justify it because it
is a charitable non-profit promoting Open Source, but ....

Once I followed the link to this workshop, I will say that I was
dismayed by the self-promotion of the speaker and the heavy corporate
sponsorship.  They really don't need our donated bandwidth and
equipment for their promotion, do they?

--scott