[luau] Fedora Test 3

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Tue Oct 14 07:20:02 PDT 2003

As I mentioned in my previous posts, Red Hat as we know it will stop at
version 9.  Thereafter, it will be merged into (and called) the Fedora
project (which was "[f]ounded December 2002 by University of Hawaii
Computer Science student Warren Togami"; see, http://www.fedora.us/ ).
NewsForge has an interview of Warren re the history of the Fedora project.

http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/10/01/1417208&mode=thread&tid=51

As a superset of the old Red Hat Linux, Fedora is going to become the
most visible Linux distro.  Red Hat will continue to sell the
"enterprise edition" of Red Hat Linux (@$2,499 per copy), which will be
based on the matured version of Fedora.

As far as I am concerned, the most important matter is that Fedora
originated from Hawaii.  Before this happened, I was planning to try
Libranet.  But now, NAH!  We will try to make Fedora better.

BTW, just in case anyone failed to notice, the Israeli Ministry of
Commerce has suspended all governmental contracts with Microsoft, and
indicated that the ban will last throughout 2004.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/33365.html .  I feel sad, as our
own government seems to think the Microsoft money (in the form of direct
or indirect campaign contributions) is more important than our homeland
security.