[luau] File system help

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Sat Oct 11 07:01:04 PDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 10:55:33PM -1000, Ben Beeson wrote:
> EXT2-fs warning (device sd(8,17)): ext2_read_super: mounting
> ext3 filesystem as ext2
>
> So far I have figured out that one of my partitions is mounted
> as ext2 fs instead of ext3, but I don't yet know why. Any
> ideas?

More clues would help. What do you have for:
  1) grep ext /etc/fstab
  2) mount | grep ext
  3) lsmod | grep ext

To take a guess, if ext3 is built as a module and only your / is
mounted ext2, then your kernel has ext3 built as a module. You
can build the kernel with ext3 compiled statically or make an
initrd.

-Vince