[luau] Digital Video Editting in Linux

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Thu Oct 9 22:30:01 PDT 2003

The reason I brought up this subject of digital video editting, was that
Olelo (Hawaii's public access cable TV station, Channels 52-56) recently
established a satellite in Palolo Valley (inside Jarrett MS).  As I am
sure most here are aware, Olelo has standardized on iMovie and Final Cut
as video editting programs.  For obvious reasons, I am interested in
exploring whether Linux has a place in video editting (especially in
light of the emerging Athlon64 machines).  Olelo will provide the space
(as well as front end equipment to convert analog pictures into digital
bit), I will provide the hardware (the type of machine will depend on
how far we can go), and someone, hopefully from this forum, will provide
the body, soul, and toil.  Digital editting can become one of the
hottest subjects.  Anyone interested please e-mail me in private.  Wayne