[luau] Next up, back up

Vince Hoang luau at ml.altern8.net
Tue Oct 7 19:30:02 PDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 09:41:08PM -1000, Nakashima wrote:
> As I read your comment it occurred to me that we don't have
> to backup to another machine. We can just back up to another
> directory. Our mirrored drives provide enough safety, right?

Safety from what? Mirrored drives offer redundancy over another
failed drive. It does not protect against user error or
catastrophic system failure. Backups to another system in the
same room does not protect against, say, building fires.

It all depends what you want to be able to recover from.

-Vince