[luau] OOo 1.1.0 & MySQL

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Tue Oct 7 07:02:00 PDT 2003

Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us wrote:

>Holy hell!  Thats way too much Chinese for me!
>
>If your like me and you need something in english from a website you know:
>http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/OOoMySQL.pdf
>
>It fits on paper nicely too.

Umm, I like the title: "Access your data, OpenOffice.org's Best Kept
Secret"!

For more info about Unix/LinuxOBDC, MySQL, and their APIs with OOo,
etc., you can go to:

http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/

*There is also a *MySQLCC project (*MySQL Control Center*), which is a
GUI administration client for the MySQL database server:

http://www.mysql.com/products/mysqlcc/

There is also a sourceforce project on OOo/MySQLCC, but I forgot the link.

Anyway, for those with an entreprenuer spirit, the integration of OOo
and MySQL (or any of its equivalents) seems to be one of the best areas
to consider a career (or become the next, though only miniaturized,
Bill/Larry/Michael).  A friend of mine who is a database guru at
Chevron/Texaco recently told me that they have switched from Oracle to
something called "GIS".  Does anyone here know what GIS is?  I can
guarantee no one does, but it is one of the fastest growing companies in
the US.  The reason I am mentioning this is, database managements appear
to be one of the few areas where opportunities still exist.  Of course,
no one should believe anything I said.

Wayne