[luau] Two Things

Maddog maddog at heavymetalradio.net
Mon Oct 6 13:37:01 PDT 2003

First off this weeks Thinktech hawaii Radio show will be featuring Dr.
Gordon Jones, Dean of the College of Professional Studies. We will be
discussing what HPU is doing to help form a legitimate Tech Industry here in
Hawaii. Included in the discussion is a piece on the new  Freer Center.

Secondly, after our interview I asked Dr. Jones about Open Source and how
big of a part is it playing in their techings. He lit up like a light bulb.
He wrote a whitepaper about 10 years ago on the coming power of Open Source.
They actually have incorporated it into the teachings their. I went a little
further and asked him about putting together non-credit courses and he was
very interested.

He wants to discuss with the group here how we can work together to make
this happen for the Spring Semester.

Anybody interested should shoot me an email.

Thanks,
Maddog