[luau] Re: Map network drive in 2000 (Nakashima)

Todd Lee todd at lantechhawaii.com
Mon Oct 6 06:31:01 PDT 2003

If the windows box is external to the network, (I think you mentioned
this) how is it routed there?  VPN?  If so NetBIOS won't work.  try
mapping to the IP instead.

net use x: \\1.2.3.4\sharename

If not check your firewall setting also, ports 138, 139 I think should
be open.  Can you ping the Linux box?

Hope that helps
Todd

Message: 1