[luau] Need a Help for Samba

humu2nuku2apuaa at eml.cc humu2nuku2apuaa at eml.cc
Mon Nov 24 13:20:01 PST 2003

Hi,

I am having problem in Samba in my office.
I could successfully installed Redhat 9 on one of the computers in my
office

We just need to share some files with about 10 windows 2000/XP clients,
So I did not use any domain controller or winbind (Actually, I do not
have any knowledge of these.)  I want to share files with Microsoft File
Sharing.

The problem is like this.
Windows clients can access Linux server and read and write files
perfectly.  However, when a Windows user logout from current machine and
other users login that machine, the user can only access to the Linux
server and neither can see any other computer in our workgroup nor
access to the internet.

I attached my smb.conf.  Anybody, please give me advice.

Glen

# This is the main Samba configuration file. You should read the
# smb.conf(5) manual page in order to understand the options listed
# here. Samba has a huge number of configurable options (perhaps too
# many!) most of which are not shown in this example
#
# Any line which starts with a ; (semi-colon) or a # (hash)
# is a comment and is ignored. In this example we will use a #
# for commentry and a ; for parts of the config file that you
# may wish to enable
#
# NOTE: Whenever you modify this file you should run the command
"testparm"
# to check that you have not made any basic syntactic errors.
#
#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
load printers = yes
passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
obey pam restrictions = yes
username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
encrypt passwords = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
dns proxy = no
server string = Our Linux Server
printing = cups
unix password sync = Yes
workgroup = workgroup
os level = 20
printcap name = /etc/printcap
create mode = 766
max log size = 0
pam password change = yes
directory mode = 777

[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
valid users = %S
writeable = yes
create mode = 0664
directory mode = 0775

[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
printable = yes

# This one is useful for people to share files
;[tmp]
;   comment = Temporary file space
;   path = /tmp
;   read only = no
;   public = yes

# A publicly accessible directory, but read only, except for people in
# the "staff" group
;[public]
;   comment = Public Stuff
;   path = /home/samba
;   public = yes
;   writable = yes
;   printable = no
;   write list = @staff

# Other examples.
#
# A private printer, usable only by fred. Spool data will be placed in
fred's
# home directory. Note that fred must have write access to the spool
directory,
# wherever it is.
;[fredsprn]
;   comment = Fred's Printer
;   valid users = fred
;   path = /home/fred
;   printer = freds_printer
;   public = no
;   writable = no
;   printable = yes

# A private directory, usable only by fred. Note that fred requires write
# access to the directory.
;[fredsdir]
;   comment = Fred's Service
;   path = /usr/somewhere/private
;   valid users = fred
;   public = no
;   writable = yes
;   printable = no

# a service which has a different directory for each machine that
connects
# this allows you to tailor configurations to incoming machines. You
could
# also use the %U option to tailor it by user name.
# The %m gets replaced with the machine name that is connecting.
;[pchome]
;  comment = PC Directories
;  path = /usr/local/pc/%m
;  public = no
;  writable = yes

# A publicly accessible directory, read/write to all users. Note that all
files
# created in the directory by users will be owned by the default user, so
# any user with access can delete any other user's files. Obviously this
# directory must be writable by the default user. Another user could of
course
# be specified, in which case all files would be owned by that user
instead.
;[public]
;   path = /usr/somewhere/else/public
;   public = yes
;   only guest = yes
;   writable = yes
;   printable = no

# The following two entries demonstrate how to share a directory so that
two
# users can place files there that will be owned by the specific users.
In this
# setup, the directory should be writable by both users and should have
the
# sticky bit set on it to prevent abuse. Obviously this could be extended
# as many users as required.
;[myshare]
;   comment = Mary's and Fred's stuff
;   path = /usr/somewhere/shared