[luau] HOSEF Monthly Organizational Meeting- Change

R. Scott Belford belford at hawaii.edu
Fri Nov 7 09:56:02 PST 2003

Once a month The Hawaii Open Source Education Foundation has an
organizational meeting of its Directors.  In the interest of openness
and cooperation, we always invite all of you to the event.  It has been
held at the McKinley Community School for Adults.

Tomorrow, Saturday the 8th, we will hold this event at noon as we do on
the Second Saturday of every month.  The change is that we will need to
meet at the Pricebusters Stadium Marketplace location instead.  The time
will be the same.

Our most loyal volunteer, Ted, arranged a meeting for us at Campbell
High School.  I have never been as amazed or impressed with someone's
spirit as I was by the principal there.  Undaunted by funding challenges
or poltical bickering, she is focused on success and innovation.  They
have a Cisco certification program, an A+ program, a computer recycling
program, and more.

They want 100 computers for labs and classrooms.  They want a
combination of stand-alones and thin-clients.  They are using Linux on
the Desktop.  We will be using our time tomorrow to get 10 of them ready
and delivered.  As we work with the Tech Coordinators there, we will
phase in other machines.

This will make Liholiho, McKinley, and Campbell three reasonably
successful HOSEF projects to add to Redemption Academy in Kailua, St,
Johns in Kalihi, and MidPac.  Little by little my friends, little by
little, and we can change much.

--scott
--
R. Scott Belford
Founder/chair/Treasurer
scott at hosef.org

success without humility is just an indulgence in arrogance